Hendon Way Motors and the Porsche 996 made between 1998 – 2004
The first water-cooled Porsche 911 and a model range which heralded production methodologies which contributed to Porsche’s return to financial health. Sharing many similarities to the Porsche boxster in componentry. Once considered a lesser model by die-hard air-cooled fanatics – good examples are now appreciating. The GT2, GT3 and RS models are extremely desirable.
– First water-cooled Porsche
– Sleeker more aerodynamic bodyshape than earlier models
– Interior finally evolves from floor mounted pedals and more modern instrumentation
– Tremendous value compared to their aircooled brethren
– Suspension further evolved to make the handling very surefooted – 4 wheel drive models with stability control bely any traditional rear engine drving characteristics
– 996 Turbo is rapidly appreciating and is still today a very quick point to point car
– GT2, 996 GT3, 996 GT3 RS models are cult classics and priced accordingly!
Power = 296 bhp to 487 bhp
Base Carrera Tiptronic = 228 bhp/ton & 174 mph